East Idaho Credit Union currently operates in Idaho Falls, Ammon, Shelley, Rexburg, St. Anthony, Arco, Challis and Salmon and serves more than 30,000 members.
East Idaho Credit Union is operated by the members and for the members to improve the financial situations of individuals, families, and local businesses. Our daily operations are guided by the credit union philosophy of Not for Profit, Not for Charity, But for Service.
East Idaho Credit Union was chartered in 1935 as Idaho Falls U.S. Government Employees Federal Credit Union. Our mission was to provide services to the employees of the federal government in Idaho Falls. We opened our doors with $52.75 in deposits from our 24 original members.
In 1960 we expanded our field of membership to include federal employees in the nine Eastern Idaho counties of Bonneville, Butte, Custer, Clark, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, and Teton.
On June 20, 1963 the credit union changed its name to East Idaho Federal Credit Union to better reflect our mission and growing membership, and on October 1, 1998 we converted to a state charter to be known as East Idaho Credit Union.
While East Idaho Credit Union has remained committed to providing local financial services to small and underserved communities in Eastern Idaho, we have grown safely and soundly to nearly $263 million in assets, and more than 36,000 members.
At East Idaho Credit Union we invest in our local communities, working together with our members in 2015 we raised nearly $30,000 for Children’s Miracle Network; $19,000 for Coins for Christmas to provide 1242 pairs of shoes for children in need; and more than $1000 in toys for toys for tots. We also provide four scholarships annually to students pursuing higher education.
East Idaho Credit Union continues to be an active participant in the financial success of our members by providing quality products and services that are of value to our members. We respond to the changing financial needs of our membership in a timely manner and employ caring, dedicated individuals who strive to meet and exceed member expectations.
“To be an active participant in the financial success of our members.”
To remain an active participant, we will:
- Provide quality products and services that are of value to our members
- Respond to the changing financial needs of our membership in a timely manner
- Employ caring, dedicated individuals who strive to meet and exceed member expectations
- Adhere to sound financial practices
- Uphold the principles of the credit union movement
“To become our members financial services provider of choice.”
- We will proactively assist all members of our team to the best of our abilities.
- We will show high consideration for others and value them as individuals at all times.
- We will always act with courtesy, morality, and dignity while performing our jobs.
- We will demonstrate knowledge of our products and services in order to fulfill our mission statement.
East Idaho Credit Union is genuinely member and community minded. Providing responsive, highly competent financial services to all regions it serves, East Idaho places a premium on friendly, trustworthy service that puts the members’ best interests above all else.